Are you a beer lover looking for the perfect way to stock your fridge? Or maybe you’re trying to plan an event and want to know exactly how much beer you need? For any beer enthusiast, understanding how many beers in a case is essential. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or hosting a big bash, knowing that number can help make sure no one goes thirsty. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what the industry standard is for cases of beer and answer commonly asked questions about them so that you get exactly what you need.
What Are Beer Cases?
Beer cases are cardboard boxes designed to hold beer bottles or cans. They come in different sizes, with the most common being 24 and 30 packs. These cases are then packaged together on pallets for easy transportation and storage. Cases of beer are not only popular among consumers but also used by retailers and distributors when selling and delivering large quantities of beer.
You might be interested: what does beer taste like
How Many Beers In A Case?
The standard beer case typically contains 24 bottles or cans, with some cases holding up to 30. This is the most common size for retail stores and can also be easily transported by consumers. However, there are also smaller cases that contain only six or twelve beers, which are often sold in specialty shops. It’s important to note that the number of beers in a case **can vary based on the size and type of beer bottle or can. For example, a case of 12 oz bottles may hold 24 beers, while a case of 16 oz cans may only hold 20. When purchasing cases of beer, make sure to check the labeling for exact quantities.
Different Types Of Beer Cases And Their Capacity
Aside from the standard 24 and 30 pack cases, there are also other types of beer cases available. Some popular variations include:
- Half Cases: These typically contain 12 bottles or cans and are a convenient option for those who don’t want to commit to a full case.
- Suitcases: As the name suggests, these beer cases are designed to look like actual suitcases and hold anywhere from 12 to 18 beers. They are popular for gifting or as a portable option for outdoor events.
- Cubes: With a capacity of 24 bottles, these cases have a unique shape and are perfect for stacking in the fridge or cooler.
- Mix Packs: These cases contain an assortment of different beer flavors,and are great for those who want to try new varieties without committing to a full case.
Comparing Beer Cases, Beer Kegs, And Beer Balls
Here are a few frequently used terms when discussing beer:
|Beer Cases||Beer Kegs|
|Size||A standard 12 oz. can beer case holds 24 cans.||A standard half-barrel keg can store up to 15.5 gallons of beer.|
|Capacity||A standard case contains 24 beers.||A standard keg can have approximately 6 to 7 cases of beer, assuming each contains 24 cans or bottles.|
|Price||Varies depending on the retailer.||It tends to be more costly due to the larger quantity of beer.|
Factors That Determine Number Of Beers In A Case
Although the industry standard for beer cases is 24 or 30, there are a few factors that can determine the exact number of beers in a case. These include:
- Bottle or Can Size: As mentioned before, the size and type of bottle or can can affect how many beers in a case.
- Brand Preferences: Different brands may have different packaging sizes, leading to variations in the number of beers per case.
- Geographical Location: Some countries or regions may have different industry standards for case sizes, so it’s always best to check local regulations when purchasing beer in bulk.
How To Calculate The Number Of Beers In A Case?
If you’re curious about how many beers are in a case, there is a simple calculation you can use. First, determine the size of the beer bottle or can in ounces. Then, divide 24 by that number to get the approximate number of beers in a standard case. For example, if you have 12 oz bottles, the calculation would be 24/12=2, so there would be approximately 24 beers in a case. For 16 oz cans, the calculation would be 24/16=1.5, so there would be approximately 20 beers in a case.
The Pros And Cons Of Buying Cases Instead Of Individual Bottles
- Cost Savings: Purchasing a case of beer is often more cost-effective than buying individual bottles or cans.
- Convenience: Cases are easy to transport and store, making them a convenient option for parties, events, or stocking up at home.
- Variety: Many cases come with an assortment of beers, allowing you to try different flavors without committing to a larger quantity.
- Limited Selection: Cases usually contain only one brand or type of beer, limiting your options for variety.
- Excess Amounts: If you are just looking for a few beers, buying a full case may result in excess amounts and potential waste.
Tips For Storing Your Beer Cases And Keeping Them Safe
- Keep them in a cool, dry place: Beer can spoil if exposed to high temperatures or humidity, so it’s best to store your cases in a cool and dry area such as a pantry or fridge.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Sunlight can cause beer to become skunky and affect its taste, so make sure to keep your cases away from direct light sources.
- Handle with care: Beer bottles and cans are fragile, so be gentle when transporting or storing your cases to avoid any breakage.
FAQ: Beers In A Case
Why are there 24 beers in a case?
After the First World War, brewers capitalized on the increased availability of bottles and recognized the potential to market premium beers in pubs. Consequently, they devised wooden crates to store bottled beer. Remarkably, a 6×4 crate (or case) with 24 half-pint bottles proved to be a convenient weight for the draymen.
Is a case 12 or 24 beers?
Cases typically contain either 24 cans or bottles, or 12 bombers. It’s important to note that 6 packs are 6 packs, 12 packs are 12 packs, and 30 packs are 30 packs, but none of these quantities are considered cases.
How many 12 packs of beer are in a case?
A case of beer typically contains 24 bottles – it includes the standard sizes such as 4-pack, 6-pack, 12-pack, as well as the larger options like a 30-rack.
How many 4 packs of beer are in a case?
Please select six four-packs from our favorite selections.
How many pieces of beer are in a case?
As discussed, the number of beers in a case can vary depending on the size and type of beer. The standard industry quantities for cases are 24. However, there are also cases that hold 30 beers or even less than 24 in the case of half-cases or mix packs. Always check the labeling for exact quantities when purchasing beer cases.
How many 12 oz bottles in a case of beer?
In the US, a case typically consists of 24 bottles of beer, with each bottle being 12 ounces.
Ronald B Gamrot is the owner of Silverking Brewery, one of the most successful craft breweries in North America. He started the business from scratch in his garage, and it has since grown into a multimillion-dollar operation. Ronald is passionate about brewing delicious beer and providing top-notch customer service. He is a respected member of the brewing community and often speaks at industry events.